Thanks Giving

Like many of you perhaps, I suddenly realized this past week that this week is Thanksgiving.

For me, 2006 has been an extraordinary year on fronts both personal and professional: turning 50, the death of my father, my 20th wedding anniversary, sending our first kid off to college, #2 turning 16, PLANSPONSOR’s first industry conference, a new adviser magazine…oh, and a little piece of legislation called the Pension Protection Act.

Still, as I sit here today preparing to pick my mother up at the airport for her first Thanksgiving visit with us in the northeast – and look ahead to picking up my eldest at college next week – I’m struck by just how much there is to be thankful for.

First and foremost, I’m thankful for a loving and patient family – who must all too frequently endure the intrusions of my career-long passion for this field into our daily lives.

I’m thankful for the home I have found at PLANSPONSOR, and the warmth with which its loyal readers have embraced me, as well as the many who have “discovered” us during the past seven years, and for all of you who have supported – and I hope benefited from – our various programs and communications throughout the year.

I’m thankful for the ability to make a positive contribution to the efforts of plan sponsors, advisers, and others who share my passion for the important work we do in helping provide for the retirement security of others. I’m thankful that so many gifted professionals have committed themselves to being part of the solution to these issues.

I’m also thankful for having found – so early in my working life – an area about which I could care so deeply, and which provides so much fulfillment, personally and professionally.

Finally, I’m thankful for the protections our democratic form of government affords us all; for the courage and selflessness of those, past and present, who have been willing to make the ultimate sacrifice to preserve those freedoms; and for the grace of a benevolent God in giving us all so much for which to be thankful at this special time of year.

- Nevin Adams editors@plansponsor.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4 Fiduciary Resolutions for 2024

Does Your 401(k) Need ‘Guardrails?’

Checking Your 401(k) Smoke Detectors